A few weeks ago I received a wonderful package from Revlon Canada to check out the CND Rescue Kit. Oh man did my nails need rescue! I haven't been given my nails the TLC that it deserves. I didn't paint it, treat it, or did anything to it for a few months. Yes, it 's good to allow your nails to breathe. But at the same time because it is untreated with a strengthener, it became brittle and weak. This package couldn't have come at a better time.
I'm not familiar with the brand CND, but from a quick google search it looks like it specializes in nail and spa product. CND and it's subsidiary brand was once owned by Revlon, but was sold to The Colomer Group. But a few years ago, Revlon acquired Colomer Group. As fun as beauty products are, I always find the business aspect pretty interesting.
Check out all my goodies after the jump!
Inside the package I received 10 products to paper my nails that ranged for polishes to treatments. I would say that these products are definitely higher end. I haven't seen these products in retail store, but you can definitely find them online through reputable retailers like NailPolishCanada, NailsRus, and even on Amazon.
CND VINYLUX: Weekly Nail Polish
7-day, chip-resistant wear/ Fast-drying, 2 step application. Brilliant shine that last. Increased durability with natural light. Vinlyx Weekly Polish delivers week long wear. Choose from over 100 fashion-forward shades and reinvent yourself, weekly.
- I wore this a few weeks ago, and it definitely last. It is opaque in two coats and with the combination of the top coat it definitely last a while. But again, if you're the type of person who uses their hands a lot to cook and do chores, it does chip more quickly. But still, the lasting quality is impressive.
CND CUTICLE ERASER: Cuticle Treatment
exfoliates cuticles with a rich, creamy blend of alpha-hydroxy acid that effectively moisturizes cuticles and help prevent hangnails.
- With this price tag, it is a more luxurious product but it is effective. It worked like magic and made my cuticles disappear. My nail bed and surrounding area felt healthier. I also saw a lack of peeling and hangnails, so this product definitely did it's job.
CND SOLAROIL: Nail and Cuticle ConditionerSolar Oil by CND conditions your nails and cuticles with jojoba oil, vitamin E, and sweet almond oil. Solar Oil helps creating strong and healthy nails while also moisturizing your cuticles.
- This was my favorite product and it smells absolutely heavenly. With the combination of the Cuticle Eraser, it helped my nails go from dull and dry to healthy and conditioned.
CND ScrubFresh: Nail Surface CleanserCleans and dehydrates the nail plate, to improve adhesion, reduce lifting and extend the life of the service.
- This is a good product to use before you get shellac or gel nails done, which I believe would help it last a little longer. Since I've never had either of them, this isn't a product for me. However, it is a good way to remove any residual oils and prep your nail before you treat and paint your nails.
CND VINYLUX: Weekly Top Coat
Breakthrough polish that lasts for 7 days! There is no need for a base coat as it will negate the performance since the adhesives are already in the color coat. The patent pending technology works with natural light to create an enduring, long-lasting polish. While ordinary polishes deteriorate over time, VINYLUX dries naturally to a flawless finish and strengthens its resistance to chip over time.
- As with any top coat, this helps your nail polish last for 7 days or even longer.
CND RESCUERx: Daily Keratin TreatmentA highly effective new treatment from CND that repairs damaged nails with the power of Keratin protein and moisturizing jojoba oil. With daily use, peeling and white spots are dramatically reduced. See a difference daily.
- Honestly this is a nail saver. I used it alone a few weeks ago, and I saw a dramatic difference right away and even more so a week after. It hardened my damaged nails and it just helped it look significantly better. Out of all the products I received, I would recommend this most if your concern is brittle nails.
|This are my nails untreated and dull.|
|Nails after being pampered and treated|
Thanks again Revlon for letting me check out these products. Stay tuned for future posts on nail art tutorials and other reviews!