I like to follow other nail art bloggers and I saw that Miss Lady Finger did a design from the Honor Spring/Summer collection. I thought it was an adorable design and decided to recreate it myself. I didn't follow her tutorial so it has my own little twist, which incorporated the sponging technique to create the spotty background and of course the dotting technique to create the flowers. I really like the simplicity of this design. I usually like to challenge myself and re-create the more complex pattern. But from time to time, something simple is always fun to do as well. This is definitely something I would categorize for "Beginners". So if you want something cute, colourful and simple to rock on your nails, this is the nail art for you!
Check out materials and tutorial after the jump!
- Pale Purple Polish
- Julep "Ramona"
- Pale Orange Polish
- Julep "Cassie"
- Pale Yellow Polish
- Julep "Lilou"
- Brown Polish
- Julep "Rooney"
- White Polish
- OPI "Alpine Snow"
- Top Coat
- Essie "No Chips Ahead"
- Paint the base of your nail in pale purple and allow it to dry. On a palette, mix a drop of top coat and a drop brown polish. The ratio should be 3:1 so the brown polish will be somewhat translucent. With a sponge, dab the mixed brown polish onto your nail to create a spotty look.
- Using nail art dotter, dab it in white polish and create a center dot. Then create dots around the center the petals.
- If you have a dotter with a smaller end, repeat the same process with orange polish. Place it wherever you please but ensure they are spaced out.
- Again, repeat with yellow polish to create yellow flowers.
- Put in any final touches such as additional flowers.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the nails. You may want to make different colour "large" flowers.
Anyways very easy nail using the sponging technique and dotting technique. I hope you enjoyed it!