A little while ago, I posted one of my fashion inspired nail art creation onto Reddit. A commenter asked me if I had done any design inspired by Zuhair Murad Couture 13' Fall collection to which I told her that I have done nail art design inspired by him, just not from that collection. She referred me to the collection and I obviously thought it was stunning ensemble of dresses.
Honestly, in my eyes, designer like Zuhair Murad and Marchesa can do no wrong. They design beautiful princess dresses that every girl dreams of. For now, I'm happy with replicating the design on my nails. Maybe one day I'll own a dress by them (ideally my wedding dress).
- Dark Blue Polish
- Julep "Eloise"
- Shimmery Blue Polish
- Julep "Ivy"
- Light Blonde Yellow Polish
- Julep "Alexandra"
- Light Pastel Yellow Polish
- Julep "Sally"
- Nail Art brush
- First paint your nail with a pastel light yellow polish until it is opaque and allow it to dry.
- With a thin nail art brush, dip it into a dark blue polish. Starting from anywhere in the bottom, create several thick crooked lines. Then from there add more line to create varying size branches.
- Clean off your nail art brush and dip it into a shimmery blue polish. Trace along some of the branches to create glistening highlights.
- Using a sponge, dab a pale yellow on top of the bottom half of the nails to create a gradient or faded look.
- Again, using the darker blue polish create an dark outline of a half moon. (optional step)
- Using the shimmering blue polish, trace on top of the half moon outline. (optional step)
You may have noticed something different about this blog, yup I decided to redesign the whole thing. I knew I wanted a better looking banner since I was told in the past that it doesn't give it a very strong presence. Since a good majority of my design is inspired by fashion, I figured I would try my hand at "fashion illustration". I made the dress to look like a nail polish bottle, get it? Also I played around with typography and manipulating a banner vector. Thank good know that I acquired some knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop. I'm a "noob", but not a total noob! I'm pretty proud of my Pinterest "Pin it" nail polish bottle that I figured out on my own! Just hover above any picture and you'll see it.
Anyways if you have any recommended blog design tutorial, I would love to know about them. Thanks for dropping by!