St. Patrick's day is coming up in few days so I will be creating a few green-themed nail art idea to wear on that day. I'm pretty excited for it since I am having my fourth annual St. Patrick's day party. Now that I'm out of school (for almost 2.5 years now, holy cow!), any time I get to see a big group of my friends together is always a blast. For this first St. Patrick's nail art, I gave a green spin to the design below from the Alexander Wang Autumn/Winter 14-15' collection. I love the black cut-outs, again it looks complicated but it is surprisingly easy to do. All you need is a steady hand!
Last year, I created a Chanel inspired nail art with a St. Patrick's twist. So if you're looking for something easier to do, check out the tutorial I did. If you have the time and patience to do this check out the materials and tutorial after the jump!
- Black Polish
- Julep "Brandt"
- Pale Green Polish
- Julep "Francis"
- Black Gel Pen
- Muji Black "0.38"
- Fine Nail Art Brush/Striper
- Paint your nails green and allow it to dry. Pick a section of the pattern design. Replicate it and outline the areas you want black. I scribbled the area in represent that area I need to fill in with black.
- You can use a pen to fill in the section or with black nail polish, which I did.
- With a dotter and green polish, place small circle within the curved section.
- Within the green dot, use a smaller end of the dotter and place a smaller black dot.
- Using a striper brush and green polish, create vertical lines over a black section.
- Finish the grid by adding in horizontal lines. Clean up any areas to make the edge look sharper