At first, I wanted to create a plaid cut out shapes inspired by a dress I saw online. But that proved to be more challenging than I imagined. Anyways, this is much easier than it looks. So if you are interested, follow the tutorial after the jump!
- Base Coat
- Essie "First Base" Base Coat
- Light Blue Polish
- Julep "Jessica"
- Navy Blue Polish
- Julep "Eloise"
- Aqua Polish
- China Glaze "Aqua Baby"
- Konad M60 Plate
- Konad Stamping Kit
- Konad Black Special Polish
- Nail Art Brush
- Black Gel Pen
- Muji "0.38 Black"
- Apply base coat to your nails and allow it try completely. Using the full nail plaid image on the Konad M60 plate and black special polish, transfer the image onto your nails to use as a template. It doesn't matter if it is a little messed up because it will eventually be covered up. You may skip this step completely.
- Using aqua polish, color any vertical strips you like
- Using a lighter blue polish, color over another one or two vertical strips.
- Using a navy polish, color the remaining vertical strip until your nails are covered.
- Ensure the nail polish is dried completely before you proceed with this step. Using the black gel pen, color in the black strip. Next outline all the strips vertically.
- Again the with gel pen and the stamped image as your template, create three bold black horizontal lines. Then create thinner vertical lines with various spacing.
Want to give Julep polishes a try? CLICK HERE (my cousin's referral link) to sign up. Be sure to use the promo code "FREEBOX" to get your box for FREE! (Just $3.99 for Shipping)
*If you sign up through the link, please let me know so I can Thank You!