Anyways, April is Cancer Awareness Month in Canada. April 27 is Canadian Cancer Society's Daffodil day. A day where we think about the people living with cancer and who have died of cancer. Throughout the month of April, Canadian Cancer Society encourage Canadians to contribute in the fight against this terrible disease whether it's through donations or fundraisers. I want to raise awareness by doing what I do best, a cause inspired nail art!
Daffodils are a symbol of hope and support for the Canadian Cancer Society. During April, many Canadians can be seen wearing a yellow daffodil pin. So in order of this society and the cause, I created a daffodil patterned nail art. This nail art uses almost the exact sam technique as my Vintage Nail Art. All you need is a magic black gel pen!
- Pale Yellow Polish
- Julep "Leila"
- Bright Yellow Polish
- Julep "Abbie"
- Shimmery Yellow Polish
- Julep "Nessa"
- Shimmery Blue Polish
- Julep "Ally"
- White Polish
- Sally Hansen "White On"
- Black Gel Pen
- Muji "0.38 Black"
- Paint the base with blue polish and allow it to dry.
- Using a nail art brush and pale yellow polish, draw the body of the design. To create the daffodil, draw a small circle first. Then paint in individual petals until you have 5. The flower should resemble a star. To fill in negative areas, draw in flowers that are off to the side. Also add in stripes for extra detail.
- Layer the body with a bright yellow polish to allow the color to pop. Once it dries, apply another layer of shimmery yellow polish.
- Again with a nail art brush, dip it in white polish and draw a circle in the center of the daffodil.
- With a dotter, create a shimmery yellow dot within the white circle. Also add in dots in the empty area of the design. You may need to layer a dot a couple times because it won't be as vibrant as the flowers.
- Using a black gel pen, outline all the elements of the design, the petals, lines, flower center etc.
There you have it, my latest nail art! I love using my black gel pen to outline, it makes the design look so much cleaner and sharper. Are you planning on creating a nail art in honor of cancer awareness month?
Want to give Julep polishes a try? CLICK HERE (my cousin's referral link) to sign up. Be sure to use the promo code "FREEBOX" to get your box for FREE! (Just $3.99 for Shipping)
*If you sign up through the link, please let me know so I can Thank You!