So here's an extra intricate and time consuming nail art for your viewing pleasure. This nail art is inspired by a dress in Erdem Pre-Fall 2012 collection. This is my second Erdem inspired nail art, the first one being the dress that Emma Watson wore at her TIFF primiere. I love how feminine his clothes are so I immediately gravitated towards his collection when viewing for inspiration. I also really wanted to use a neutral color like brown since I feel like it's such an underrated nail color. Autumn is definitely a good time to wear browns and darks.
For tutorial, keep on reading!
What tools do you use to create this look?
- Pink Polish
- Julep "Sasha"
- Light Pink Polish
- Julep "Lynn"
- Rosey Pink Polish
- Julep "Natalie"
- Brown Polish
- Julep "Vera"
- Black Polish
- Julep "Brandt"
- Konad Stamping Kit
- Konad M65
- Konad Black Polish
- Nail Art Brush
Normally I would use my pointer and middle finger in my tutorials, but I chipped my middle finger nail!
- Paint your nail with Vera until it is opaque and dry. Next, using your Konad Stamping kit with Konad Special black nail polish, transfer the rose image onto your nail.
- There will be a lot of negative space; ¾ of the design needs to be filled since the tip will be filled with another design. Using Brandt nail polish and a nail art brush, create petals, leaves, and swirls until you are satisfied with it. If you make a mistake, simple paint over your mistake with Vera.
- Using Sasha, create outlines of flower petals, swirls, and leaves near the tip of your fingernail. This should take about 1/3 of your nail.
- Fill in your design with Natalie.
- Give your floral design some highlight. Using Lynn, outline part of the border of the flowers.
- Using Brandt, outline the entire floral design and add some indentation of the petal. The black outline will make your pink floral design look cleaner.