Versus is subsidiary line under the Versace label. It was a gift to Donnatella Versace by her brother, Gianni Versace. Since Donnatella designs for the main Versace line, she brought on Christopher Kane in 2009 to design for Versus. This collection actually made their debut yesterday in Milan during their Milan Fashion week. Like the title states, the inspiration for this design came from Versus Spring/Summer 2013 line. Bold colours and primary colours were the most prevalent in the entire collection. If you enjoy looking through runway pictures, Vogue UK is the best site to view it!
Anyways this is one of the more simpler nail art that I've done and it's very easy to replicate. Nail art with a dotter is always fun and fast to do! Please keep reading for materials and tutorial!
- Blue Polish
- L'Oreal "Jet Set to Paris"
- White Polish
- American Apparel Laquer "T-Shirt"
- Red Polish
- Julep "Delauaney"
- Yellow Polish
- Julep "Daisy"
- Black Polish
- Julep "Brandt"
- Nail Art brush
- Paint your nails blue and allow it to dry.
- With a dotter, create a column of dots right in the center of your nails. Allow some to run off the edge of the nail. Then dot a row of nails about 2 dots apart. You want to try and create a dotted blue square.
- Next in opposite corners, use the largest dotter you have to create red circles. If it is appears too small, slightly enlarge it by using your nail art brush and expanding the circumference. You can always draw the circle out with a nail art brush but beware it won't be as perfectly round.
- With a smaller dotter, create small 2 by 2 yellow dots on the opposite blank corners.
- Again with the dotter and black polish, create a 5 petal flower
- With a tooth pick, repeat step 5 within all the yellow circles. Add any additional final touch and fixes to your nails, such as dotting in the centers.
Again, this is an extremely easy nail art design. The main difficulty I had was keeping the white dots in a straight line and creating the tiny flowers within the yellow circle. Difficult but definitely do-able! I hope you enjoy my Versus Spring/Summer 2013 inspired nail art and tutorial. Are there any collections during Fashion Week that you absolutely love?
As always, I love taking request challenges from readers! So leave it in the comment section below.