Wow, it's been forever since I wrote about Loose Button Luxe box! Back in June, they decided to switch their monthly membership to seasonal. With the new membership, subscribers receive 4 luxe box a year. Back when it was monthly, many members including myself were disappointed that the quality of their products were going downhill. With this switch, I believe they have more time to scout out better brands to partner with and provide us with even better quality samples. This Fall Luxe Box is their inaugural seasonal box and I must say that I am quite happy with the products that I received.
The first thing I noticed was the packaging of course! This is the third Loose Button box design and I definitely prefer this one a lot more. It is an amazing quality box, sturdy like Glossybox and definitely reusable. I think the white box makes it look very high-end. Their product card is very minimalistic, which again, adds to the high-end look. However, it doesn't have the pricing, which is a little annoying because I like to calculate the monetary value of the box. Also, the descriptions are short and succinct, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I like things a little more detailed, but that's just me.
Instead of crinkle paper, the products were wrapped in a beautiful white cloth. Finally, all the inserts were stored in a white envelope with a personalized gold sticker. All in all, in terms of packaging, this box definitely looks more elegant than their predecessors.
Now onto the unboxing...
|Loose Button Fall Luxe Box 2012|
So rather than 4 to 5 products, we get 7 to 8 products. I guess with the increase in quality in products and packaging, Loose Button also increased the price. Now each box is $26 per quarter, or you can lock yourself in for semi-annual membership for $50 ($25 per box) or annual for $96 ($24 per box). This service is also available to USA, which I believe marks the first Canadian-based beauty box available internationally (even though it's only across the border). I think since the currency is about equal, I would assume the pricing is relatively similar. In June, I decided to skip out on the last monthly box so I can try out this inaugural box with no additional cost. I'm glad I made that decision because the June box was mediocre so I didn't feel like I was missing out.
GUERLAIN: La Petite Robe Noire (Eau de Parfum Spray)
Guerlain's new perfum creation, like a Little Black Dress, is absolutely essential and totally irresistible.
Full Size: $80.00 (1.6 oz)
Sample Value: $10.00 (0.16 oz)
- This little sample already makes up for what I had paid for this box. This perfume smells amazing! I love that it didn't come in a dinky spray vial but this little bottle is too cute to use. Whenever it comes in mini version of the full size bottle, I just collect them for display just because it's too pretty to use. Weird I know!
Fundamentally recreating more beautiful skin, this is more than just a wrinkle corrector.
Full Size: $130.00 (50 ml)
Sample Value: $18.20 (7ml)
- More than just a wrinkly corrector they say? Is it because when young people, like myself, receive wrinkle cream we complain about it? I'm interested in whatever other skin benefit it brings to the table. But it's nice to know this sample is pretty luxurious!
EYEKO: Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
A precise, accentuating liquid eyeliner that will help you create the look you want without smudges.
Full Size: $18.00
Sample Value: $18.00
- This is by far my favorite product in this season's box. I have a stila liquid eyeliner that I feel like it's about to dry out so this eyeliner couldn't have come at a better time. I can tell that it's super long lasting because when I swatched it on my hand and rubbed it when it dried, it didn't even budge! I'll give it a better test run in the morning.
PACO RABANNE: Lady Million Sensual Body Lotion
Vibrant, sensual, and irresistible are just a few words this subtly scented lotion brings to mind.
Full Size: $46.00 (150 ml)
Sample Value: $15.33 (50 ml)
- Subtly scented is pretty much an understatement. As soon as I ripped off the plastic wrap, I could smell the overwhelming scent. I would describe it more as pungent and strong, but fortunately the scent is pretty pleasant. I am going to throw this lotion into my purse.
LOOSE BUTTON: Exfoliating Pad
Reveal the radiance of your skin by removing the outer layer of dead skin cells with this effective, yet gentle exfoliating pad.
Sample Value: $2.00 (estimated)
- This a nice little sample from Loose Button. Again it was stored in this cute and slick branded box.
CHINA GLAZE: On Safari (Fall Collection) Nail Lacquer
Step into the Fall season with China's Glaze's newest "On Safari" collection. Rock these colours on your nails to complete your new fall look.
Sample Value: $8.00
- More glitter polish yay! I got a bunch of glitter polishes in my Julep boxes a month or two ago. I love when boxes feature nail polishes in their box, which is probably why I love the Juelp Maven program so much. It feeds into my polish hoarding addiction. I haven't tried this on yet, but I'm very excited to. This polish is inspiring me to create flame nail art or something! I also want to add that thank goodness I didn't get one of those Sally Hansen nail stickers.
KERASTASE: Elixir Ultime
An extraordinary blend of beautifying oils for ultimate softness, shine, and suppleness
Full Size: $50.00 (125 ml)
Sample Value: $2.00 (5ml)
- I admit that I don't spend a lot on haircare. The only things I buy for my hair is shampoo and condition. On certain occasion I'll go out a grab some heat protector spray. I only pamper my hair when I get these hair treatment samples from these beauty box. So far my favorite is the Morracan Oil that I got in a previous Luxe Box. Anyways, I'll definately give this product a try, but I highly doubt I would buy the full size product.
So all in all, this was a great improvement. These are the high quality "luxe" samples I am use to getting from Luxe Box in a good month (Glossybox Canada, I hope you learn something, I'm tired of having the same drug store brands shoved down our throats). However, I really hope that Loose Button doesn't wow us with an amazing first box just to slowly disappoint us down the road. But we shall wait and see.
Do I think it's worth the $26? To that I answer yes only if it means good quality and consistency, but since it's only the very first box it is really hard to say. It is more, but being subscribed to so many beauty boxes at one point, I became overwhelmed by all the unused products. I also became less excited about the beauty subscription concept since there's so many of them available now. So I can definately see the advantage of having 3 months to thoroughly try out the products.
To all the Americans who are interested in this service, I definately recommend trying out ths service. I wish I could share with you my referral link, but they haven't really sorted that out yet.
Anyways, please share with me what you recieved or what you thought? I'm very interested in hearing what you think of the new change since a lot of us weren't very happy about it when it was announced. Has the new box changed your mind? Anyways comment below!