|May Beauty Box 5 Goodies|
Anyways, while I canceled out of the subscription, 5 more people purchased through my referral link and so I was able to earn another month for free. I emailed the BB5 customer service to see if I still qualified for it and they said that their "sharing is caring" program is for active subscribers but they were willing to send me a box out of courtesy since I did spread their word out. Since I'm obsessed with perfume atomizers, I also made a special request to send me their Travalo if they had anymore available. My request was put through and I am so ecstatic that I got one! I am really impressed by their customer service. I don't even know if this is considered a May or a June box, since it wasn't sent out on the regular shipping schedule. Oh well, since I got it in June, I'll just call it a June Box.
|Travalo Pure Gold - 65 Sprays|
TRAVALO: Travalo Pure GoldInstead of trading your favorite scent for convenience, enjoy both! Travalo's finger-sized fragrance atomizer includes an auto-refill system that makes transferring from full-sized bottles a breeze. It's TSA-approved for carry-on luggage, and is available in a variety of colors. It's so convenient, you'll want to have one for the car, the gym, and the office.
Full Size: $12.99 (0.5 ml or 65 sprays)
Sample Value: $12.99
- I am in love with this product and I just want to thank Aleeza for introducing me to this product when she listed it as her Top 11 of 2011 (check out her blog for a giveaway). I have 6 bottles of perfume that I use on rotation, so it's really nice to actually carry this around and freshen up wherever I am. I've pretty much lost count on how many Travalos I purchased just because I love introducing this product to my friends and family. You can buy this product at Shoppers Drug Mart, but they only come in 50 spray bottles. I know that some stores carry more colors than other.
|Lavera Mango Milk Hair Repair Treatment|
LAVERA: Mango Milk Hair Repair TreatmentWith Mango Milk Hair Repair from Lavera, you'll receive a natural deep conditioning treatment, even with color-treated hair! Organic green tea extract and organic mango extract protect your hair from free radical damage and oxidants. While rich organic oils (like jojoba, avocado, and soybean) protect your hair, organic cocoa and shea butter lock in moisture. Lavera has specially added cotton flower extracts to the formula; no matter how stressed the tresses, Mango Milk Hair Repair gives you smooth hair and amazing shine.
Full Value: $16.00 (150 ml)
Sample Value: $2.67 (25 ml)
- I think I've grown and snipped out all my color treated hair, but I think any product geared towards colored treated hair is beneficial for normal hair as well. I actually like getting products to help me moisturize my dry ends. Not to mention that I love the smell of mangos too!
|Pssssst! Instant Dry Shampoo|
FREEMAN: Pssssst! Instant Dry ShampooPssssst! is the original dry shampoo. In just a few minutes, your hair will be clean, deodorized, and conditioned! It soaks up excess oil, removes product buildup, and gives hair volume.
Full Size: $6.99 (50 g)
- I've tried a couple of dry shampoo, and just from my initial use this is definitely my least favorite. I like powdered dry shampoos (like Principessa Notte Breeze) because I feel like it does soak up the oils from my hair and leaving it looking voluminous and clean. This "dry" shampoo, on the other hand, is a liquid spray that dries very quickly. But it still leaves my hair feeling oily. The only thing I didn't mind about the product is the scent, which reminded me of hair mousse.
|Supergoop! SPF 30+ UV Lotion|
SUPERGOOP!: SPF 30+ UV Lotion for Body & Face
Full Size: $14.00 (50 ml)
Sample Value: $2.80 (10 ml)
- Pocket size sunscreen is just what I need! I personally like sunscreens with a much higher SPF, but I think this sample will be good to throw into the purse. I need to get into the habit of reapplying sunscreen about once every 2 or 3 hours. This product is like every other sunscreens out there, there's nothing too extremely special about this product. I think I'm going to stick with my Aveeno SPF 80+ sunscreen.
|BECCA Eye Tint|
BECCA: Eye Tint in BaroqueTake your artistry to a bold new level with BECCA's long-lasting eye tint. It goes on smoothly as a creme and sets as a powder, letting you layer it under powder eye colors and loose pigments for even greater intensity. Giving you adjustable levels of color from sheer to high pigment, this eye tint is water and crease-resistant. Whether with fingers or a brush, it's easy to apply.
Full Size: $24.00 (7 ml)
Sample Value: $24.00 (7 ml)
- Wow I did not expect this to be a full size product, but it looks like it is! This "mushroom beige" eye tint is meant to give your lids a little color or it can be used as a primer. I think I will use this product more as a primer than as an eye tint just because the the shade is so close to my skin color. You can't really tell the difference between my lids and the eye tint unless I use a lot of the product to build the color, which I find wasteful since it's such a small tube already. This product comes in a variety of different color that include lilac, brown grey, golden bronze and so on.
Total Value of this month's box: $49+
All in all, Beauty Box 5 provided me with a pretty great box of goodies. I am impressed that they provided me with 3 full size items! The star products for me is definitely the Travalo, as well as the Becca Eye Tint. I'm pretty happy with this box that the Customer Service Team sent me, but I'm still not completely convinced to sign back on to their program. Perhaps in the future, when they don't put as many packet samples, I might consider giving them another chance. But right now, it's still not the subscription service for me.
I put in new Social Sharing buttons on my blog, feel free to clickity click them if you like any of my posts. I appreciate everyone's support and readership. Seeing those page views increase every single day motivates me to write more!