They sent me three looks to complete using their nail polishes within my collection, and the feather nail art was one of them! I completed this nail art a while ago and they said they would feature it, but I don't think I've seen it on their website yet. This nail art seems like it's more suitable for Fall/Autumn, so maybe I'll see it then. But in the mean time, I just want to share this with my readers. Anyways, I did receive their goodies so I just want to thank the Julep team for sending it to me! I received Parker (Golden tangerine creme) and Sienna (Sophisticated, shimmery gold), as well as top coat and a base coat! In addition, they sent me a lovely hand written note.
- Orange Polish
- Julep "Ashley"
- Black Polish
- Julep "Elizabeth"
- Copper Polish
- Julep "Rachel"
- Nail Art Brush
- Paint your nail with an orange polish and allow it to dry.
- Using a nail art brush, dip a little bit of black nail polish and create a line in the middle of your nail. When you reach the top of your nail start fanning it out. Continue to dip a small amount of polish and fanning it out to create the feather the effect. The best trick is to create a little glob and then just create streaks.
- Create a copper "V" at the bottom and at the top.
- In the space between the copper "V's", fill it in with an orange V. This is to add some color and dimension to the feather to make it look more realistic.
- Finally, repeat step 2 until you achieve the effect your are satisfied with.
I'm trying out different ways to showcase pictorial instructions and this is a template I created. What do you ladies think? I also tried using GIFs to make it like a slide show, but the quality of pictures look better in this.
Suggestion for my next nail art? Please leave it in the comment section below!