If you are not familiar of Glossybox, it is one of six monthly beauty subscription service that is available in Canada. If you stumbled upon this post because you are still researching on which monthly beauty box to subscribe to, hopefully my posts will help you with your decision. I've done more thorough blog posts on the background of each subscription companies before, so if you're interested in checking those out, please click here.
So it is literally the end of March and everyone finally received or in the process of recieving their beautiful pastel pink box. Apparently some of the items were held up in customs, which was why there was such a massive delay. To show their sincerest apology, Glossybox offered their members 250 Glossydot. I really appreciate how they responded to this situation and how they had constantly gave us updates on what was happening. The bonus Glossydots were just enough for me to earn next box free as well. I'm really excited!
If you're interested in signing up for Glossybox Canada ($15/month), I would appreciate if you signed through my referral link: CLICK HERE to sign up
My first impression when I opened this month's box was "WOW! What a full box!". Now this is what I call "deluxe sized", not those teeny tiny vials of samples. Even though there was a long delay, the products definitely made this box worth the wait.
According to the insert card, Glossybox is going to hold a "Tweet-up" with brand experts from Pandora Make-up. You can ask questions and advice regarding the featured product, which is the blush. So if you are eager to know more about the blush, their company, or other products offered you can participate in the Twitter conversation on April 10th, 12:00 pm EST (@PandorasMakeup).
I also want to point out that last month I mentioned how I disliked the redundancy in their product description card. They had "We love" and filler words in front of every product name and it just looked too busy. Like I said before I don't want to actually search for the name, I want it to stand out to me first thing. This month, they took out the "We Love" and shortened the filler words so the product name could at least fit on the first line. It's better, but I'm still a fan of simplicity.
I also noticed that the envelope with the inserts wasn't sealed with a personalized sticker. It's not a huge deal, but anything with personalized touches, even something as simple as a sticker, earns points in my book. They also didn't include the cute label stickers either, which is sad because I used all my labels for other boxes. I wonder if it's because it's my second box. Maybe people who received their first Glossybox got the personalized stickers and labels. Again, not a huge deal!
AVEENO: Daily Moisturizing Lotion
This naturally nourishing lotion contains natural colloidal oatmeal blended with rich emollients and is clinically proven to moisturize for a full 24 hours.
Full Size: $11.99 (354 ml)
Sample Value: $2.40 (71 ml)
- I've tried Aveeno products before. I am a huge fan of their sunscreen because it is the only ones I can find with an extremely high SPF, which is around 60 to 80, compared to 35 to 50 I commonly find in stores. I like this lotion because it's very light and I noticed that it moisturizes right away. Unfortunately it doesn't have a scent, which is something I like about my moisturizers. I probably wouldn't repurchase this product, but I will most definitely continue to buy their sunscreens.
Bailey Cosmetic Fresh Lip Gloss in Berry or Pink is the perfect colour accent for women who want a sheer bump of colour to enhance their pout.
Full Size: $28.00 (8 g)
Sample Value: $28.00 (8 g)
- According to Google, a Canadian designer named Brian Bailey (mentor on Project Runway Canada) launched this cosmetic line back in 2010. At first glance, I was taken aback because of the dark purple shade. But once I put it on, it actually applied quite sheer and it gave my lips a slighter darker tint. I assume my shade is Berry, which is great because I have a lot of pink shade lip products so it's nice to diversify what I already have. As I mentioned in past blog posts, I despise tacky glosses and this gloss it actually quite smooth. I can glide my lips together without it feeling sticky.
Evian's facial spray rehydrates dull, tired skin, and is great for setting and renewing your makeup through the day, keeping you looking fresh, healthy and beautiful.
Full Size: $7.50 (50 ml), $12.50 (150 ml), $17.50 (300 ml)
Sample Value: $7.50 (50 ml)
- I've always wanted to get this product when I was younger but I could never justify spending $7.50 for a small bottle of chemically enhanced water. Instead, I settled for one of those spray bottle with an attached fan from Dollorama. I love the feeling of cool mist on a warm summers day. Even though the product says it moisturizes and tones your skin, I really don't feel or see the difference.
PANDORA'S: Blush in St. Tropez
Pandora's Blush St. Tropez is a beautiful pink blush that can be used all year around and added to any bronzer. Padora's Makeup Box products were designed for professional use and are pigmented so they will last all day long.
Full Size: $18.00 (4 g)
Sample Value: $18.00 (4 g)
- Yes! I love receiving make-up items from these subscription boxes. This product was revealed by a subscriber when Glossybox sent out a photo hint, so everyone expected to get this blush. I swatched the product on my hand and I find that it has decent pigmentation but it just needs to be built up if you have darker skin like I have. I have a lot of shimmery blushes, so I'm kind of happy that this is matte. The blush is held on by a magnet so it can easily be depotted. I never understood the point of depotting, but after watching several YouTube videos I can see that it's a huge space saver. I personally like it in its individual packaging because if it cracks and crumbles, it doesn't get onto my other pots. I bought a tri-color eyeshadow once and that happened to me!
SEBASTIAN: Re-shaper Hairspray
Brushable, strong hold hairspray for all hair types. Bends any movement into shape with long-lasting hold and humidity protection all in one. Re-style into any shape and reform ingenious hold. Sebastian Professionals is a Salon Exclusive brand - visit www.sebastianprofessional.com to locate a salon in your area
Full Size: $19.95 (300 g) or $6.00 (45 g)
Sample Value: $6.00 (45 g)
- Whoever did this month product description card missed a couple of typos because this is one of two mistakes that I noticed. On the product description card it says $19.95 for 43 g. That price for such a small bottle of hairspray didn't sound right to me so I did a little research to see if this was a luxurious product. I found out that for $16-$22, you get 300 g hairspray bottle and for about $5-$8 you get the 45 g bottle, which is the size that what we received. I guess it ranges depending on which site you look at. Now that I got the price information sorted out, the product is actually a great size! I don't normally use a lot of hair product aside from the usual shampoo and conditioner, so I don't have a deep appreciation for hairspray. But I'll definitely use it next time I curl my hair or put it in a simple updo.
ALGEMARIN: Foam Bath
Algemarin is made from extracts of seaweed, algae and mineral salts which give the body a tonal quality that previously was only obtainable from hydrotherapy or sea bathing. "Spring Forward" feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
Full Size: $3.99 (5 x 15 ml), $17.99 (500 ml), $23.95 (750 ml)
Sample Value: $0.80
- So error number two stated that the product is $3.99 for five 5 ml packets, in fact it's suppose to be 15 ml. Yes, I also googled it to double check as well! Anyways, I haven't taken a bubble bath in forever, because big kids take showers right and plus it's faster?! But now that I received this, I'll definitely take a bath in the near future.
Update: I'm ONE referral away! Thanks everyone :D
If you would like to help me earn some Glossydots or you are interested in signing up, this is my referral link: Click Here! There's a promo code to get 10% off when you type in: GLOSSY8
Thanks so much for dropping by!