I own darker shades of pastel polishes compared to this dress, so I had to mix my own colors to lighten it. I think I could of gone a lot lighter, but I think it's close enough. I painted my index fingers and my ring fingers white just to break up the design so it doesn't look too busy and it also saved me a lot of time! The white also represents the white sleeves of the outfit. Anyways onto the tutorial!
- White Nail Polish
- Light Blue Nail Polish
- Light Pink Nail Polish
- Light Green Polish
- Scotch Tape
- Paint brush
- Place scotch tape at 1/3 of your nail. Mix at a 3:1 ratio of white and light blue. Mix well with a paint brush and paint your nails. Remove the tape and clean up the edges with a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover. Clean the brush with nail polish remover.
- Place scotch tape at 2/3 of your nail. Repeat Step 1 with pastel pink nail polish.
- Mix at a 3:1 ratio of white and light green and paint the tips of your nails.
- To create the floral pattern on the blue and pink bands: Use a dotter to create a small circle with regular unmixed polish. Create 6 dots around the small circle for the petals. Once it dries, dot the center of your flower with white polish. Use a striper dipped in white polish and create mini raindrops within the 6 dots that you created. Use a toothpick to fix up and touch up.
- To finish up the band, use a dotter dipped in unmixed polish and create dots around the flower. Use a striper to create smaller white circles within the colored dots.
- In the green band, create large raindrops with your dotter. Use your striper and fill in your rain drops with white polish. Clean up your design with your tooth pick.
- Optional: Paint your index and ring finger white
I'm really proud of my thumb, the design is the most perfect
Nail Art in Low Light