TOPBOX FACEBOOK GIVEAWAY: Win a 3 month complementary box! Click HERE to enter!
I received about a week and a half ago, but my cousins came down so I put this review on the back burner. But anyways, I hope you enjoy this month's Topbox review and let me know what you think or if you got something different in the comments below.
I thought like Loose Button Luxe Box, other subscriptions boxes would add an extra touch since it is the month of love. Loose Button Luxe Box partnered up with Flare and made their box red for the special occasion, Glossybox didn't do anything, I don't think Glymm did anything and Topbox added a cute little signature at the front of their card. Of course I wish they did a little more, like change up their wrapping paper or put something sweet inside. I just really want them to change up their wrapping paper! I want some variety since I am a monthly subscriber and I think it would be cool to change it up from time to time. Also speaking as a customer and a print nerd, I hope they choose a coated substrate or something that doesn't smear so easily. I would love to reuse my tubes, but somehow these tubes get in contact with water and moisture so it ends up smearing and it just doesn't look pretty anymore.
Now onto the unboxing of my Topbox!
Missing item: C.Booth Derma Skincare
In this Topbox, I received a few extra items because in January I received a duplicate Stila Tinted moisturizer, which I received in the November Topbox. So as a consolation item, they gave me a beautiful Cargo Eyeshadow. Also like many people who received a shattered Pari eyeshadow, Topbox kindly replaced it without question. Their prompt customer service is one of the many reasons why I love this company.
YVES SAINT LAURENT: Mascara Volume Faux Cils
This award-winning mascara achieves a dramatic result in a single stroke. The secret? The triple-film complex. A coating film for intensity, a conditioning film with pro-vitamin V5 and aloe vera for curves and a fixing film with vinyl polymer for long-lasting effectiveness. (Available in 7 shades).
Full Size: $36 (7.5 ml)
Sample Value: $14.40 (3 ml)
- Yay for more mascara and the fact that it's YVES SAINT LAURENT just make it even more amazing. This is the second high quality mascara that I received this month, the other one being the Lise Watier mascara that I got in my Loose Button Luxe Box. Like I said in my previous post, I have no preference towards high quality mascara as long as it does the job. But this mascara has a beautiful application, it coats and separate each lash making it looking fuller. I think this mascara will last me at least a month and I love getting mascara, so I am absolutely thrilled that I received this!
YVES SAINT LAURENT: Touche Eclat
With a few strategic strokes of this award-winning complexion highlighter-dark circles, fine lines and signs of fatigue virtually disappear. Sleek and sophisticated, it discretely slips into a makeup bag for quick touch-ups anytime. (Available in 6 shades)
Full size: $50
Sample Value: $0
- I heard really great things from reading reviews of this product, so I'm really excited to try this highlighter. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a sample value just because you can get magazine sample for free, either at the department store counter or at Sephora. Either way, it sucks that it is a small sample but Topbox balances it out by providing other full sized products and other good quality deluxe sized sample.
PARI BEAUTY: Eye Shadow
Your shade was personalized for you based on your sense of style and eye colour.
Tip from Pari's head stylist: For more pigmented application, wet your shadow brush before filling the brush with colour and press it into a primed lid to create a denser more vibrant look.
Full Size: $11.00 (2 g)
Sample Value: $11.00 (2 g) or $22.00 for 2
- I received a bright blue eyeshadow with my February Topbox, however it shattered to a million pieces. I called Topbox right away and they assured me that a new one will be sent right over. I ended up giving the broken eyeshadow to my friend who willingly accepted it. I don't know what beauty profile I checked in my Topbox profile, but the colour is way too vibrant and out there for me. The second eyeshadow that they replaced me with is a beautiful matte bronze colour. I prefer this one because it is more neutral and more "me". I like to look natural even when I wear eyeshadow, so I'm glad they didn't give me the same colour as the broken one.
C.BOOTH DERMA SKINCARE: Collagen Elastin Restorative Hand & Nail Treatment
This effective anti-aging treatment for hands and nails is a rich, luxurious cream that drenches dry hands and rough cuticle with proven emollients. It is visibly diminishes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and the discoloration that come with age, while restoring skin to velvety softness.
Full Size: $16.00 (120 ml)
Sample Value: $16.00 (120 ml)
- This is the second full size product that Topbox threw in this month. I ended up giving this product to my mom because I received a similar product from my Julep Maven box and I wasn't a total fan of the scent of the C.Booth Derma. My mom always takes what I don't want and she loves lotions! Either way, I am really appreciative that Topbox always provide their subscribers with such large samples to try out.
LILLYPILLY: Kakadu Plum Hand and Body Cream
This Australian favorite is packed with exotic natural ingredients rich in vitamin C and exfoliating fruit acids.
Full Size: $22 (150 ml)
Sample Value: $0.88 (6 ml)
- Last month I received a deluxe sized sample of the LillyPilly lotion and this month they are napkin sized. That's okay though since there is a rather large bottle of lotion in this month's box already. Also, it seems like Topbox knows that some of their subscribers are tired of getting lotions in their boxes because there won't be any in the March Topbox! For people who are subscribed to multiple services like me, lotions and body creams seems to be the most prevalent in all these boxes. It's really nice that we are reassured that we won't be getting anymore creams next month!
CARGO: Eye Shadow Single (Colour: Fiji)
Cargo eyeshadows have long been a pro-artist favorite. Silky, blendable, and layerable, the formulations provide gorgeous, sheer color that can be built up to the desired intensity.
Full Size: $16.00
Sample Value: $16.00
- Ever since my Urban Decay Naked Palette, I have been obsessed with neutral colours. This product was a replacement of a duplicate that I received from last month and I am so unbelievably impressed! I was expecting a dinky deluxe sized cream or something similar in size to the tiny Stila tinted moisturizer sample.. but Topbox gave me a full size eyeshadow that is totally my colour! I absolutely love the brown color!
Total Value of this month's Box: $69+ (Including replacement items) or $42+ (excluding replacement items) - Either way, amazing value.
Another great box from Topbox and it is no wonder this subscription service is so coveted. I noticed that last week they open up more spots for new subscribers, but unfortunately a lot of people on the waiting list felt duped when they couldn't sign up for it after waiting months and months. I would be upset too if I were one of them. Their current enrollment program isn't very organized because the wait list isn't prioritize on when you placed your request. Once they send an email saying that they are available again, it's a free for all to sign up, despite their "priority notification". So it doesn't matter if you signed up for the waiting list 3 months ago or a month ago, it is a first come first serve basis once the email is sent out. I read that some People also said the email was sent out at an inconvenient time when people were at work or at school, so I completely understand why wait listers find this unfair.
I wrote a suggestion on their Facebook wall saying that they should consider a trackable form. I think that spots should be released in order of when each person signed up for their waiting list. So if they have 20 spots available, the subscription should be granted to the first 20 people on the waiting list. So people who signed up in November 2011 would have priority on people who signed up this month. Right now they have a priority list for people who want to be notified of the sale of the Topbox, but that can backfire so easily because people on that list can share the sale to their friends and when these friends sign up, they would take up the spots of people who actually waited for months. I think Topbox should control the subscription wait list enrollment rather than upsetting people by having a free-for all to sign up for a subscription.
For those who were part of this enrollment fiasco, Topbox announced that they are looking for more productive way to deal with wait list and new subscribers. From what I have seen on their Facebook wall, they are open to customer suggestions and even welcome it. They mentioned that they are looking into priority selling order, as well as promo codes, but I don't know how that would work. If you have any suggestions, I'm sure they would be glad to hear it. Topbox is still a very new company, so there are still a few kinks. Only time will tell how they will improve. I'm letting you know now, once you get a subscription box, it is definitely worth the wait! I am really happy that I was an early subscriber of Topbox and I don't see myself unsubscribing any time soon.
Anyways that's just my review and a few of my thoughts. I would love to hear what you think so be sure to drop a line. :)