So this nail inspiration comes from "Belles de Jour" Season 4 Episode 1 of Gossip Girl. Blair wore this amazingly cute four-color Moschino Cherry dress from the Spring 2010 collection. I can't get over how incredibly adorable the print is!
Moschino Cherry Blossom Dress Spring 2010
I don't have an overly extensive nail polish collection so a lot of my nail art is improvised with whatever I have. Sometimes I would even mix nail polishes to achieve the coloursI want. I love nail polishes in general and I am always open to trying new brands. It can be a cheap Sally Hansen nail polish, or an unknown from a small Korean beauty shop, or even expensive high end brand. So in this blog, I am just going to name the generic colour and not the specific brand just because if you want to achieve this nail art, I rather you use whatever you already have. Again, it's all about improvisation and ingenuity!
- Black nail polish
- White nail polish
- Baby blue nail polish (I did't have it, so I used light purple)
- Pink nail polish
- Lime green nail polish
- Dark pink nail polish
- Konad special nail polish in white, baby blue, blue, light pink, dark pink
- Konad scraper and stamper
- Konad M55 image plate
- Small paint brush
- Paint your base colours as follows: black (thumb, index, and middle), baby blue (ring finger), white (pinky). Allow it to dry.
- Using a dotting tool use the larger end to create large dark pink dots in a random pattern on your ring and pinky finger.
- After your dots have dried, use the smaller end of the dotting tool and create small light pink dots within the the larger dots to create depth. Tip: Press the dotting tool a little harder in order to create a larger dot
- Again using the smaller end of the dotting tool, gently add a small dot within the cherry circle to give it "shine".
- Finally use a toothpick to create a stem.