The inspiration of this nail art comes from Season 4 of Gossip Girl, Episode 87 "The Wrong Goodbye". Blair wears a beautiful Balenciaga Cherry Blossom dress and accessorizes with a chunky crystal bead necklace. I absolutely love the floral print and that's what I decided to replicate on my nail.
Balenciaga Cherry Blossom Dress
- Grey nail polish
- White nail polish
- Konad Special Polish in light pink, pink, and rose pink
- Konad stamper and scraper
- Konad M65 nail plate
- Dotter tool
Tip: You should always stamp with Konad special nail polish. These nail polishes are a lot thicker and opaque than normal nail polishes. These polish are meant for nail stamping only and it should not be used a base color or else it will never dry.
- Paint a white base coat and allow it to dry.
- On the M65 image plate, dab a few dots of the light pink, pink, and rose pink nail polish in a random pattern. This is to replicate shading.
- Scrape the access nail polish off and transfer the image onto the stamp, then onto your nail.
- Use a toothpick, dab it into the grey polish and draw in thin branches.
- With a dotter tool (or round end of a bobby pin), place rose pink dots in areas with large white space.
- Finally allow your nail to dry and place a top coat.
I hope you enjoy my first blog post! Stay tuned for others.